Saturday, May 7, 2011

Yuppi Going to Wear TOMS!

I love TOMS shoes they look so cute. And they make you happy because you spent your money on a good cause. You don't have to feel guilty about buying yet another pair of shoes :). They have a campaign called "One for One" so, once you buy a pair they donate a pair of shoes to a child in need. You can check out their website, they have so many different colors and designs.

A very small sample of TOMS shoes

I just got mine about two weeks ago. I went for a classic color for my first TOMS shoes, I wanted a black one. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to wear it yet since it has been raining like crazy in Columbus in the last two weeks. We only had sunshine for I think about 3 days and I missed my chance to wear my new shoes on those days because I wasn't sure about the weather :(. Never mind the summer is around the corner so I'll get many chances to wear my new shoes.

Valentine's Day pin :)
I was actually thinking of doing some alterations to my new shoes but I don't want to ruin them before I ever get a chance to wear them. During my high school years I painted my converse shoes and my school bag and it was okay I guess, they weren't looking bad after my creative alterations :). Also as a surprise to my husband during our undergrad days(he was my boyfriend then) I had bought this red heart shaped pin and on Valentine's day I wrote my husband's initials using a white nail polish and I wore it all day, I think it was sweet. I still have it :).

To get back to my initial thoughts, I was thinking of doing some sewing. I don't have much experience on sewing but it will be nice to personalize my TOMS shoes and use my imagination. I won't be doing any new creations soon but I'll get back to it once the weather gets more sunnier.

No comments:

Post a Comment